Welcome to our Evans, GA. community page, your source for homes for sale in Evans, GA and Evans community information.
Homes for Sale in the Evans, GA Area
Quick Search Evans, GA Homes for Sale by Price
Quick Search Evans, GA Homes For Sale by Subdivision
Evans, GA Quick Facts
- Evans, GA. is part of the Augusta Metropolitan Area located in Columbia County.
- De facto county seat of Columbia County, though neighboring city Appling still holds the de jure designation.
- The Columbia County Government Center, Government Complex Addition, and Columbia County Courthouse Annex are all located in Evans on Ronald Reagan Drive. Google Maps Link to Government Complexes
- Aside from the family oriented community of Evans, part of the city’s major appeal is due to it’s convenient distance to both Fort Gordon and the major medical hub of downtown Augusta (11 miles) with the Medical College of Georgia at GRU.
- Population of Evans as of the 2010 Census was placed at 29,011 up from 17,727 as of the 2000 Census.
- Evans, GA is home to some of the highest rated schools in Georgia.
Things To Do In Evans, GA
- Augusta Canal National Heritage Area: Miles of historic and natural landscape along the Savannah River. Take a guided Petersburg boat tour, paddle yourself, or bike/hike the paths. Augusta Canal National Heritage Area website
- Savannah Rapids Regional Visitor Information Center: The only state certified visitor center in Columbia County located inside the original Gatekeeper’s Cottage overlooking the beautiful Augusta Canal Headgates & Savannah River. A great stop for history buffs looking to learn the significance of the Augusta Canal to all of the CSRA. Savannah Rapids Park page on the Columbia County website for more information, phone numbers, and links.
- International Disc Golf Center: If you thought the Augusta Metropolitan Area was only known for traditional golf & the Augusta National’s, think again! Clarks Hill Lake is home to the Disc Golf Hall of Fame known as the Ed Headrick Memorial Museum. View a staggering collection of disc golf memorabilia or visit the combination Pro Shop/Clubhouse at the International Disc Golf Center. With a staff operating facility and providing training for those who choose to play on one of the three championship disc golf courses of Wildwood Park, the IDGC is great for pros and beginners alike. Link to the PDGA website for more information on the shop & courses.
- Lady Antebellum Pavilion/Evans Towne Center Park: As one of the most popular hotspots for family entertainment in Evans, GA., Evans Towne Center Park plays a large role in the desire to find a home for sale in the Evans, GA area. Located across from the Columbia County Government Center & Columbia County Library, it helps solidify this portion of Evans as the main hub for recreation and activities. The Evans Towne Center Park features a large playground, dog park, a huge field, and the Lady Antebellum Pavilion. The Lady A Pavilion has hosted many large attractions for holidays and several large concerts/events such as the Banjo-B-Que featuring Willie Nelson, Rock Fore! Dough featuring Charles Kelley, as well as concerts by the band it is named after, Columbia County’s own, Lady Antebellum! See for yourself what all the Evans Towne Center Park has to offer the community or purchase tickets for upcoming events on the park’s website.